Friday, June 29, 2012

Rest

I'm standing all alone in the middle of nowhere. The sun is beating down on me and the ground underneath me is parched, with deep cracks in it. I'm standing strong as the heat and the wind beat about me, but I'm tired. So very, very tired. I'm standing tall, but I feel as if at any moment I am going to fall. My legs are shaking and I'm exhausted. Then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, He comes. I can't see His face, but I know it's Him. He's big and soft and oozes warmth and peace and kindness. I fall into His arms, bury my face in His chest and cry. We share no words. I just stand there, supported by His love and I feel His strength pouring back into my veins. I know it's still hot and parched all around me, and I know there will come a time again soon when I will have to stand strong, but right now I am a pile of mush in my Daddy's arms and I savor it. I breathe in deeply, thankful that right now, He's carrying it all and I rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment