Saturday, March 31, 2012

What do we live for? Do we live for eight decades of laughter, of peace, of love and of happiness? And when those things don't happen, when life intervenes, do we cry out in anger, indignant that life isn't fair? What did I do to deserve this pain? What did I do to deserve this heartache? Well, let me ask you something. What did I do to deserve the first breathe I took? What did I do to deserve the years I have already received? Nothing. I did nothing. I just existed. Those breaths, those years, were a gift to me. I am entitled to nothing but I am gifted with much. Everything I have, everything I will ever receive from this point on is a gift, so when things don't go my way, I cannot be angry because I still have way more than I could ever deserve. May my lips never curse the One Who has blessed me beyond measure!

"The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord." Job 1:21

No comments:

Post a Comment